|Title:||Campus Security Officer (DCC)|
JOIN OUR NEW TEAM IN DANVILLE, VA!
New Horizon Security Services, Inc. is seeking unarmed Campus Security Officers to join our professional team providing security services to the Danville Community College located in Danville, VA.
• Unarmed campus security officer providing stationary, and interior and/or exterior foot patrols to provide a security presence and visible deterrent to crime.
• Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions
• Respond to and report all special incidents
• Handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively
• Maintain cheerful, welcoming attitude while greeting or engaging in verbal discussions with any person.
• Provide customer service, assist individuals with reasonable requests
• Complete administrative requirements
• Maintain New Horizon’s satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
• Complete all job-related training requirements as determined by the Company.
• Must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the United States
• Must be at least 18 years of age or older
• Must have a high school diploma or GED
• Must remain smoke free for up to 10 hours
• Current VA DCJS Registration through VA DCJS with at least 6 months experience
• Successfully pass the physical fitness ability screen, drug/alcohol screen, English communication screen, and behavioral analysis screen.
• Maintain ability to comply with all physical requirements, such as stand and walk for up to 10 hours without sitting or leaning while in full uniform, lifting 50 pounds, climbing 8 flights of stairs without assistance (rail), able to defend oneself and others against physical threats
• Excellent communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak fluent English in all modes of communication.
• Professional appearance, including abiding by company standards for personal hygiene, appearance, and uniform.
• Outgoing interpersonal demeanor, ability to relate with diverse groups of people, and display good customer service skills
• Computer-literate with access to the internet and a personal email address
• Maintain prescribed patrol route both in and outdoors during all weather conditions
• Positive past-employment references and verifiable employment history
• Clean criminal history based on New Horizon guidelines
Please note that tobacco use is NOT permitted throughout the duration of the shift, and personal cell phones are NOT permitted on property.
Hourly rate for Campus Security Officers (CSO) is $8.50/hr. plus benefits (major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + up to 1 week vacation per year) for full-time employees. Intensive training will be provided.
Please complete our questionnaire and provide a resume. Our hiring process is conducted online; please do not call regarding the status of your application. A member of our Hiring Department will contact you to schedule an interview.
New Horizon Security Services, Inc. is a family-owned and operated security services firm headquartered in Northern Virginia. We have branch offices in Richmond, Virginia Beach, Harrisonburg, and Danville, VA. Our team is growing fast! We are the fastest growing security firm in the Commonwealth of Virginia. We believe in promoting from within; our current supervisors have worked their way up from entry-level positions to supervisory positions through hard work and dedication. We believe in caring for our employees and providing them a positive and rewarding work environment. Our benefits are extremely popular with our staff – many take advantage of our health, dental, vision, and life insurance benefits. We are looking for dedicated, professional security officers who are looking for a career and a home with New Horizon. APPLY TODAY!
Special Note: Upon completion of the prescreening questionnaire please be sure to check your email (inbox and spam folder). You will immediately be sent an email with a link for a formal application with detailed instructions for completion. This item must be completed in order to be considered for the position you are applying for and to move forward to the next stage of the hiring process.
VA DCJS 11-2649 & 88-1319