Unarmed Security Bristol (VDOT)
|Title:||Unarmed Security Bristol (VDOT)|
DescriptionNew Horizon Security Services, Inc. is seeking reliable, courteous and customer-service focused individuals to provide unarmed security services for the Virginia Department of Transportation in Fredericksburg, Suffolk, Bristol, Richmond, and Staunton, VA.
● Perform stationary and mobile patrols according to site post orders.
● Monitor public use of the property to ensure public safety, such as entrance control, traffic control, enforcing facility rules and regulations, and responding to emergencies.
● Monitor security and fire alarm systems and report all hazardous conditions
● Prepare special incident and daily shift reports, and perform site evaluations
● Maintain proper flag etiquette
● Complete all necessary training
● Other duties as assigned
● Must be 18 or older and have a high school diploma or GED
● Must be a legal U.S. citizen or legal U.S. permanent resident
● Must have current DCJS unarmed security officer registration card in-hand upon interview
● Must have reliable transportation. Some sites are not accessible by public transportation.
● First Aid/CPR/AED certification is preferred
● Bring a copy of your driving record to be considered for mobile patrol
● Ability to pass ongoing random drug screens
● Must pass an English competency assessment to demonstrate your ability to communicate effectively in English (both orally and in writing)
● Ability to pass ongoing physical fitness assessments to including running, lifting up to 50 pounds, climbing stairs, and sit-ups. Must be able to stand or walk for up to 50 minutes per hour.
● Ability to write detailed reports
● Ability to use computers, email, telephones
● Benefits. Full-time employees receive full company-paid benefits including free health, dental, vision, life insurance, paid vacation, and free employee assistance program.
New Horizon Security Services, Inc. is a family-owned and operated private security firm specializing in custom security officer solutions. Inc. Magazine named New Horizon Security as one of 2012’s fastest growing private companies in the United States for a second year in a row. New Horizon is one of the “12 to Watch” growth companies named by the U.S. Senate Productivity and Quality Program for Virginia in 2011, and a platinum certified green business. We are happy for you to join our team!
Special Note: Upon completion of the prescreening questionnaire please be sure to check your email (inbox and spam folder). You will immediately be sent an email with a link for an English Communication Assessment with detailed instructions for completion. This item must be completed in order to be considered for the position you are applying for and to move forward to the next stage of the hiring process.
VA DCJS 11-2649