|Title:||Armed Security Tidewater/Hampton Roads (DMV)|
Job Duties for this contract include:
- Providing stationary, interior and/or exterior foot patrols both indoors and outdoors during all weather conditions
- Provide an armed security presence and act as a visible deterrent to crime
- Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or rule infractions
- Respond to report all special incidents efficiently and effectively
- Maintain cheerful, welcoming attitude while greeting or engaging in verbal discussions with any person.
- Complete administrative requirements including submitting complete, accurate reports
- Maintain New Horizon's satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
- Maintain firearm and equipment in excellent working condition and fulfill all requirements for firearms endorsement annually
- Complete all job-related training requirements as determined by the Company
Qualified applicants will have the following attributes:
- US citizen or authorized to work in the United States
- 21 years of age or older
- High school diploma or GED
- 6 months armed experience (Previous military or law enforcement experience OK!)
- Successfully pass the Physical Fitness, Drug/Alcohol and English Communication screening
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak fluent English in all modes of communication
- Ability to remain smoke free for up to 10 hours
- Computer-literate with access to the internet and a personal email address
- Positive past-employment references and verifiable employment history
- Clean criminal history based on New Horizon guidelines
Hourly rate is $12/hr. plus benefits: major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + up to 1 week vacation per year. Intensive training will be provided (all training is conducted at our Richmond Branch Office). Firearms are provided by the Company and issued to each individual.
If you are interested, please complete our questionnaire and provide a resume as well.
No phone calls please -- A member of our Hiring Department will contact you to schedule an interview.
Special Note: Upon completion of the prescreening questionnaire please be sure to check your email (inbox and spam folder). You will immediately be sent an email with a link for a formal application with detailed instructions for completion. This item must be completed in order to be considered for the position you are applying for and to move forward to the next stage of the hiring process.
VA DCJS 11-2649 & 88-1319