|Title:||Armed Security Tidewater/Hampton Roads (DMV)|
Job Duties for this contract include:
- Providing stationary, interior and/or exterior foot patrols both indoors and outdoors during all weather conditions
- Provide an armed security presence and act as a visible deterrent to crime
- Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or rule infractions
- Respond to report all special incidents efficiently and effectively
- Maintain cheerful, welcoming attitude while greeting or engaging in verbal discussions with any person.
- Complete administrative requirements including submitting complete, accurate reports
- Maintain New Horizon's satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
- Maintain firearm and equipment in excellent working condition and fulfill all requirements for firearms endorsement annually
- Complete all job-related training requirements as determined by the Company
Qualified applicants will have the following attributes:
- Must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the United States
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must remain smoke free for up to 10 hours
- Current VA DCJS armed registration with a valid firearms endorsement
- 4 years military experience (honorable discharge or active duty)
- Minimum of 2 years armed experience (corrections or law enforcement)
- Successfully pass the physical fitness ability screen, drug/alcohol screen, English communication screen, and behavioral analysis screen.
- Maintain ability to comply with all physical requirements, such as stand and walk for up to 10 hours without sitting or leaning while in full uniform, lifting 50 pounds, climbing 8 flights of stairs without assistance (rail), able to defend oneself and others against physical threats
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak fluent English in all modes of communication.
- Professional appearance, including abiding by company standards for personal hygiene, appearance, and uniform.
- Outgoing interpersonal demeanor, ability to relate with diverse groups of people, and display good customer service skills
- Computer-literate with access to the internet and a personal email address
- Maintain prescribed patrol route both in and outdoors during all weather conditions
- Positive past-employment references and verifiable employment history
- Clean criminal history based on DCJS guidelines
Hourly rate is $12/hr. plus benefits: major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + up to 1 week vacation per year. Intensive training will be provided (all training is conducted at our Richmond Branch Office). Firearms are provided by the Company and issued to each individual.
If you are interested, please complete our questionnaire and provide a resume as well.
No phone calls please -- A member of our Hiring Department will contact you to schedule an interview.
Special Note: Upon completion of the prescreening questionnaire please be sure to check your email (inbox and spam folder). You will immediately be sent an email with a link for a formal application with detailed instructions for completion. This item must be completed in order to be considered for the position you are applying for and to move forward to the next stage of the hiring process.
VA DCJS 11-2649 & 88-1319