|Title:||Armed Security Richmond (DMV/WCC/TAX)|
JOIN OUR TEAM IN RICHMOND, VA! New Horizon Security Services, Inc. is seeking armed security officers to join our professional team providing security services to the Commonwealth of Virginia Department of Motor Vehicles, Workers Compensation Commission, and Department of Taxation Buildings.
- Armed security officer providing stationary, interior and/or exterior foot patrols for Commonwealth of Virginia office buildings to provide an armed security presence and visible deterrent to crime.
- Detect suspicious activities and watch for criminal acts or client rule infractions
- Respond to and report all special incidents
- Handle typical and crisis situations efficiently and effectively
- Maintain cheerful, welcoming attitude while greeting or engaging in verbal discussions with any person.
- Provide customer service to staff and visitors, assist individuals with reasonable requests
- Complete administrative requirements
- Maintain New Horizon’s satisfactory attendance and punctuality standard
- Maintain firearm and equipment in excellent working condition and fulfill all requirements for firearms endorsement annually.
- Complete all job-related training requirements as determined by the Company.
- Must be a US citizen or authorized to work in the United States
- Must be at least 21 years of age or older
- Must have a high school diploma or GED
- Must remain smoke free for up to 10 hours
- Current VA DCJS armed registration with a valid firearms endorsement
- 4 years military experience (honorable discharge or active duty)
- Minimum of 2 years armed experience (corrections or law enforcement)
- Successfully pass the physical fitness ability screen, drug/alcohol screen, English communication screen, and behavioral analysis screen.
- Maintain ability to comply with all physical requirements, such as stand and walk for up to 10 hours without sitting or leaning while in full uniform, lifting 50 pounds, climbing 8 flights of stairs without assistance (rail), able to defend oneself and others against physical threats
- Excellent communication skills, including the ability to read, write, and speak fluent English in all modes of communication.
- Professional appearance, including abiding by company standards for personal hygiene, appearance, and uniform.
- Outgoing interpersonal demeanor, ability to relate with diverse groups of people, and display good customer service skills
- Computer-literate with access to the internet and a personal email address
- Maintain prescribed patrol route both in and outdoors during all weather conditions
- Positive past-employment references and verifiable employment history
- Clean criminal history based on DCJS guidelines
Please note that no tobacco use is permitted throughout the duration of the shift, and cell phones are not permitted on property.
Hourly rate begins at $12.00/hr. plus benefits (major medical, dental, vision, and life insurance + up to 1 week vacation per year). Intensive training will be provided. Firearms are provided by the Company and issued to each individual.
Special Note: Upon completion of the prescreening questionnaire and application please be sure to check your email (inbox and spam folder). You will immediately be sent an email with a link for an English Communication Assessment with detailed instructions for completion. This item must be completed in order to be considered for the position you are applying for and to move forward to the next stage of the hiring process.
VA DCJS 11-2649 & 88-1319